From the heading, you may think that Bill bought me flowers. Well, he did...sort of .....but not in the traditional sense. Here's the story -
I have wanted new dishes for a long time. The ones that we received when we got married were nice but were pretty plain and were starting to look a little ragged. Now in the grand scheme of things, I couldn't really justify buying new dishes when our were really still just fine. But I really wanted something FUN. In fact, I have ALWAYS wanted to have two sets of dishes - one for summer and one for winter - but that is a story for a different time! Here's where the flower part comes in....I was at Costco the other day and fell in love with these aqua and brown dishes. I mean I really, really wanted them - they made me smile just looking at them! BUT......they had big whimsical flowers on them and I didn't think my husband would go for it in a million years. I kept thinking about them and decided to throw the idea out to Bill - knowing that there was likely NO WAY he was going to go for flowery dishes. Well, guess what......as you have probably already guessed the ending....he went to Costco and bought them for me! And they really do make me smile every time I use them! What a guy....I love you Bill!
Now...who wants to come over for dinner so you can see my new dishes? (The oversize dinner plates are just plain aqua and brown - for the guys. The ladies, of course, will be served on the FUN ones!) ;)
Friday, August 8, 2008
Just one of the reasons I love my husband.....FLOWERS!
Posted by Boise Tacketts at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have seen those dishes!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I'm so excited for you...beats my Corelle! We're free next Friday...tee hee! :)
My favorite color scheme these days!! If the Winn's are coming Fiday, we can come Saturday...tee hee!:) Or you could just post a picture. Are you even smiling when your washing the dishes?? If so, I may need some new dishes.
Count us in for Sunday! Or do you have enough to serve everyone at the same time??
What no pics of these smiling dishes???
Post a Comment