Our trip to London (PK - Pre-kids)
Our first "family" Christmas card - 2003
Christmas 2005
A little over a week ago, we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. Ten years…I cant believe it! We dusted off our wedding video and watched it on Friday night with the girls. Aubrey especially likes the ‘choosing’ part. (It is so funny to me to hear how things are perceived in a 4-year old’s mind…..we went to my cousins wedding a few weeks ago and she watched the beautiful bride walk down the aisle and ‘choose’ one of the guys dressed in a tuxedo at the front!) She was very glad that I chose her Dad…I am so glad too! :)
I am going to post a few of my favorite pictures from the past 10 years that I have sitting here on my desk. I can truly say that I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend and can confidently say that he is the man God intended just for me!
I have been playing with the backgrounds for my blog but have decided to keep this water scene for one more a few more days as a tribute to our anniversary. Our “story” really revolves around water. (1) We met on the water (the sternwheeler in Portland), (2) our first date was at a restaurant on the water in Portland, (3) Our first trip on the water- we went on a cruise together really early in our relationship (Why not?!?! We were both adventurous and in serious need of a break from our sales jobs and I knew we would either fall madly in love or find out that we couldn’t stand each other!) :) (4) Bill proposed on the water - during a Sternwheeler dinner cruise very similar to the one on which we first met, (5) We honeymooned on the water (Cancun), (6) and finally, on our 10-year anniversary trip earlier this summer at a resort outside Las Vegas, he proposed to me again on the water - with a new ring even! This is a cute story (and I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing it!). I was in my ultimate vacation mode – floating on an air mattress in the pool under beautiful palm trees when he swam up beside me and asked me if I would marry him again! He had a beautiful ring that had had three diamonds – the large one in the middle signifying our love and the two smaller ones signifying each of our girls. WOW ….I was speechless! We are going to re-new our vows sometime in the next few months at a cute little historic church here in Boise. Here’s to 10 more wonderful years together! (And many more beyond that!)

2 comments:
LOVE the awesome stories!! Although we've only all been together one time - I agree! Bill *IS* such a *GREAT* guy... speaking of - we need to get together again!
Nicely done, I LOVE the pictures and narrative. Also love your background.
Post a Comment